- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed saucepan to a medium heat before adding the diced shallots and garlic. Next add the sliced mushrooms with a little salt and continue cooking on medium for another 5-7 minutes. Stir in the tarragon.
- Once the shallots and mushroom are soft add in the rice and stir before pouring in half the stock. Continue cooking until the stock is absorbed
- Ladle in the remainder of the stock and the milk and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes, check to see if the risotto is cooked, it should be al dente as the rice will continue to cook in its own heat.
- Finally add the Avonmore double cream.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 3tbs of olive oil
- 2 shallots (diced)
- 500g selection of mushrooms(sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 340g arborio /risotto rice
- 1 tbs fresh or 1/2 tbs dried tarragon
- 800 ml Vegetable stock
- 200ml Avonmore full fat milk
- 60 ml Avonmore double cream
- 3 tbs Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper