Pineapple Ginger BBQ Chicken with Sour Cream & Chive Sauce
- For the marinade, combine all the ingredients together and stir well. Place the chicken into non-metal bowl and pour the marinade over, cover and leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours or up to 12.
- When ready to BBQ, heat the BBQ to a medium high heat, brush the chicken with oil and place on the racks, sear all over and then turn down the heat to medium, cover with the lid to cook, turn them from time to time. This will take about 25 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken supreme. Check that they are fully cooked by using a meat thermometer – the core temperature should be minimum 75C.
- To prepare the sauce, heat a saucepan with oil and add the shallots to cook slowly without browning. Stir in the chives and Avonmore Sour Cream, water and honey and gently simmer for 2 minutes before stirring in the mustard. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the heat and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Brush the pineapple slices with oil and place on the racks to grill for 1 to 2 minutes on both sides.
- To serve, slice the chicken at an angle, place on a serving platter with the pineapple slices.
- Spoon some of the sour cream & chive sauce over the chicken or serve separately in a bowl.
- Garnish with chives and serve with a green bean salad.
For the marinade
- 220ml pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp five spice blend
- 1 tsp dried garlic flakes
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 4 chicken supreme with the wing bone attached
- ½ pineapple, peeled and sliced into 2cm in thickness
For the sauce
- 3 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 180ml Avonmore Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rapeseed oil
- Chives, to garnish
- Green bean salad, to serve