Spanish Style Chicken Casserole
- Pre heat oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chicken in batches and brown the chicken on all sides over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a flame proofed casserole dish.
- Using the same pan, add the onion, garlic, paprika and peppers and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the sherry and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, vine tomatoes and the Avonmore Fresh Vine Ripened Tomato & Basil Soup.
- Bring to the boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes.
- Add the olives and leave for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley.
Serve with rice
- 1x 600g Avonmore Fresh Vine Ripened Tomato & Basil Soup
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 95g chopped onions
- 1clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 70g sliced red pepper
- 70g sliced yellow pepper
- 100ml dry sherry
- 2 vine tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Salt & pepper
- 165g green olives (halved)
- Chopped Parsley