Tarragon Cream Sauce
Savoury sauce that works well with both chicken and fish!
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and sweat the onion and mushroom. Add the bay leaf and tarragon
- Increase the heat, add the wine and reduce it until it is nearly all gone. Then add stock and reduce that too, until it is nearly all gone.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil, reduce slightly. Then sieve, add the salt and pepper and chopped tarragon.
- 300ml (11fl. Oz) Avonmore Double Cream
- 300ml (11fl. Oz) white wine
- 300ml (11fl. Oz) chicken or fish stock
- 15g 1/2 oz Avonmore Butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful chopped tarragon, reserving some for the end
- 3-5 drops of lemon juice