Creamy Garlic Sausage and Broccoli Penne
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Add the broccoli during the last three minutes of cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook for five minutes until browned.
- Reduce the heat and add the onion, garlic, chilli and thyme. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the onion has softened and the sausages are cooked through.
- Increase the heat and add the white wine. Bring to a simmer until it has reduced by half.
- Stir in the Cooking Cream, then remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and stir into the pan until coated. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Per serving: 433kcal, 20g fat (5.1g saturated), 41.7g carbs, 1.1g sugar, 0.7g fibre, 16g protein, 0.243g sodium
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225g pork sausages, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs of thyme, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 100ml white wine
- 125ml Avonmore Cooking Cream