Peanut butter swirl brownies with whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2. Butter a 20cm square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the sugar into the chocolate mixture, then gradually whisk in the eggs until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla, then stir in the flour until incorporated.
- Stir together all of the filling ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Spread the batter into the pan. Add dollops of the peanut butter filling all over, then use a knife to swirl it through.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool before slicing.
- 100g Avonmore Butter, plus extra for greasing
- 180g plain chocolate, chopped
- 80g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 40g Avonmore butter, melted
- 60g icing sugar
- 150g peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream