Chocolate S’mores Tart
- Crush the biscuits to a fine crumb, add the butter and mix until combined.
- Press into the base of an 18 cm loose bottomed tin. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat the cream until just begins to shimmer. Pour over the chocolate in a large pyrex bowl, stir until melted and smooth. Leave to cool.
- Once cool stir through the mascarpone. Pile onto the base and refrigerate again.
- In a large pyrex bowl mix the egg whites and sugar together.
- Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir with a rubber spatula until the sugar has dissolved, continue heating and using a thermometer continue heating until it gets to 71c.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and using an electric whisk beat for 8-10 minutes or until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Pile onto the chocolate cream and using a hand held blow torch, or place under a hot grill for 30 seconds, lightly toast the meringue.
- 250g malted milk biscuits
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 400g dark chocolate, chopped
- 400ml single cream
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 large egg whites