Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Heat the oven to 180c. Line 2 x 12 standard hole muffin tin with cases.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks, vanilla, sour cream and buttermilk together in a medium bowl.
- Place the dry ingredients into a bowl and using an electric mixer add the butter and mix until the mixture looks like crumble. With the mixer on low add half the wet ingredients, increase the speed and then mix for 1 minute. Add the remaining wet ingredients and repeat the process.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Pipe or spoon buttercream on top of the cakes and decorate with mini Easter eggs.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 180ml sour cream
- 60ml buttermilk
- 284g plain flour
- 300g caster sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 227g unsalted butter, softened.
- vanilla meringue buttercream, to decorate
- 80g mini easter eggs, to decorate
- 350ml tub Avonmore Whipped cream, to serve